Friday, September 25, 2009

An Update

My year has been absolutely awesome thus far, despite having had to deal with a broken heart that just would not heal. Be it safe to say, I’m on the road of recovery and I have learned so much about myself and my weakness. For instance, in order to heal completely you need to dress your wound, and in order to dress your wound, you actually have to acknowledge that you have been hurt...something new to me indeed.
I guess this is all due to the new relationship I have managed to shape over the past year or so. Yeah, since I have given my life to the Lord, without reservation, I started living a life with less stress and less external dictation we so often succumb to in this world.

I’ve decided to sacrifice my entire Sunday this year to serving in church and I have most certainly reaped great rewards therefore. However I also had to make many sacrifices. No lunches with the family on Sunday afternoon, no drives out with my best friends, no braai’s or picnics, no chilling in bed with a book or afternoon naps, but also no regrets.

I do want to apologise to my family and friends if you feel neglected at this stage. At the same time I want to thank you for your patience, love and continuous support and for still including me in invitations alas you know I might have to say no. I love you!

The initial company I have started this year did some great work, my partners and I met some awesome people and we connected on astonishing levels. Sadly however, our lives just took a different course and our priorities changed and the business Uyangisiza Africa Consultants did not flourish as we had hoped it would. Well, you win some and you lose some. Some would see this venture as a failure; I prefer to look at it as a spring board for greater things that lies ahead for all of us.

I have endeavoured to work with a life coach who has thus far helped me look at my life and my business in a whole new and constructive manner. More on this a little later...

Church has really taken up centre of my life and I am truly blessed to have met so many interesting and loving people. I don’t remember if ever my life was this anchored and secured. Every Sunday morning I am up early to make my way merrily to church to meet with my team that serves faithfully with me every week. I got so used to seeing them all on a Sunday morning, meeting for a prayer and a chat over a cup of coffee. I have had challenges this year in business and family and my spiritual family would pray with me and for as sure as you are reading this, I would find solace, comfort and have breakthrough, but most importantly...I would not stress about it. Have I found some form of immunity to stress? Yes! His name is Jesus Christ who says we can do ALL things through HIM who strengthens us.

I am also leading a men’s connect group. A connect group is what is most commonly known as cell groups. Here too I have learned the power of confidential sharing of concerns in every day life. The guys have accepted me with so much honour, brotherly love and liberty. We learn so much from one another in our meetings and awesome relationships and bonds are being shaped.

Now; anyone that knows anything about me knows that I am a man that reveres my God 1st and foremost. And right next to the One who truly has my heart (God) is my family. My siblings and their families means more to me than my own life...not that I don’t value my life, but I would give up my life for them...no questions asked...

So my sister Milly got married this month. Oh wow, the month of August through to 12 September was without fail very eventful. Excitement, nerves, meetings, time management issues, finding the right caterers, fabrics, designing the menu, finding the venue, meeting with designers, deciding on the right design...eish Milly...I love her to bits and her and I are exceptionally close, but I am not joking when I say Milly is very indecisive. Oh man, and her new mom in-law is not going to make the planning easy either...ai man....the in-laws.




As we have no mom or dad to take up the role of parents of the bride, yours truly had to take up that role (with all the honour in the world) and I have developed so much more admiration and respect for parents. I know what they have to make though and I understand that they would not change it for anything in the world either.

Well, that is the update of the last few month in my life guys.

No in all of this it is only right that I take a holiday...right? Well, I did and that blog is imminent with some picks too. So; watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment