Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sweet Things

Someone who takes pleasure in eating sweet treats is referred to a sweet tooth. These folk more often than not find their daily fixes already at the break of day with fruit, yoghurt, cereal, sugar in coffee, etc. Then comes teatime – and you’ll catch them in with a muffin, toast/crackers with jam, biscuits, etc in hand. Does this sound familiar or is it only my diet that consists of these sorts of sugary foods?

I live a very active daily life. My schedule is busy socially, active in business as well as within voluntary organisations. This of course leaves me feeling well rewarded, yet often tired. I try and go to gym at least 3 days a week (if my schedule allows) too, so I need to stick to a healthy diet. My diet usually consists of fibre, protein, carbohydrates and good fats. I stay away from deep friend junk food as much as possible.


However, I have a sweet tooth that often leaves me desperate. I love chocolates, cup cakes, fudge, ice-cream and dessert of all sorts. As South African’s we have a huge variety of confectionery treats as we are truly a rainbow nation getting our influence from all over the world. My late gran was a baker of note, so growing up we were spoilt for choice with homemade treats. This spoiling unfortunately left deep tracks in my habits today still. In fact, as I write this blog I am eating chocolates and have polished a chunk of fudge after my evening meal.


Now, there is nothing wrong with enjoying sweet things, as long as its not an obsession or some sort of addiction. Listen to me justifying ...I fear I am closer to addiction and further surpassed obsession.





No comments:

Post a Comment